Friday 17 July 2015

Café Dutch @The Dutch Nursery Brookmans Park


The Dutch Nursery Ltd
Great North Rd, 
Brookmans Park, Nr Hatfield
Herts, AL9 6ND

This was a GroupOn offer that seemed too good to miss - Afternoon Tea and Spa Treatment for £19 at Reflections @ The Dutch Nursery in Hertfordshire. 

Let’s face it - it would be rude not to.  

We’d booked this a while ago as this was the first time we were all free at the same time during the day so had almost forgotten about it, it was a great end of term treat!  We found it slightly disconcerting walking into what looked like a show conservatory for the massage in the Reflections Salon, but once inside it was like any other treatment room, nicely draped and decorated and lovely ambience and tranquil music.  We did have totally chilled out, relaxing back, neck and shoulder massages, just the right amount of pressure.  
http://reflectionsthedutchnursery.weebly.com/about.html for further details about their holistic treatments. 

By the time we’d all three finished we were all totally floppy and went and sat in the Café Dutch on the delightful terrace for our tea.


I was very taken with the beautiful V&A cups and saucers and plates! No choices of tea offered (we didn’t ask actually – too chilled after our massages!) but could have had coffee if we chose.





Tea was served in a nice china white teapot and milk jug, and then the 3 tier tray was brought out. This was very pretty!


The other girls are both vegetarian so had veggie sandwiches and I had normal – sandwiches were ham and mustard, egg and of course cucumber and cream cheese - with generous butter and fillings.





There was a cute little selection of cakes lemon drizzle (gorgeous) mini eclair and mini victoria sponge.



If I had to criticise one thing it would be the paucity of scones – there was only one mini one each although I liked the addition of the sliced strawberries. The normal cost is apparently £10.95 for Afternoon Tea  - I think if I had paid full price I would have expected at least two of those mini scones or a full size one and less cakes, as to be honest for me the scones are the highlight of an Afternoon Tea. 
But that’s me being greedy and I'm sure if I’d asked they would have given me another one. The staff were very helpful and charming and eager for us to enjoy our tea.

Considering what we paid for our whole package it was a complete bargain and even the scarcity of scones didn't spoil the event. The setting on the terrace in the sunshine was so lovely and I even got to buy some unusual plants for my garden on the way out!


Would thoroughly recommend the treatment at Reflections and also enjoyed my tea on the terrace. 

1 comment:

  1. I would happily eat all of that any time - I really like the themed cream teas especially the Charlie and the chocolate factory one. My favorite is definitely the one in New York. The restaurants are so posh.

    ReplyDelete