Monday 15 June 2015

Afternoon Tea at the Chesterfield Mayfair - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Guest Blogger Maggie Richards


The Afternoon tea girls went to this hotel about 5 years ago (before writing this blog and sadly no photos ) and had the then Chocolate afternoon tea which was delightful, chocolate scones, chocolate tea and even a bag of pic 'n' mix sweeties to choose from jars to take home which was great ! 

The theme now is Charlie and the chocolate factory and my friend Maggie was lucky enough to go for Afternoon Tea  at the Chesterfield Hotel Mayfair for a friends birthday and was kind enough to report back .

"To begin we were each given an 'Everlasting gobstopper', which had a berry taste and changed colour about 4 times which was fun. We chose to save it until the end just in case it did last forever!!

We were then presented with a pink drink with a stilt straw,  'Fizzy pop', which was complete with popping candy.


Fizzy pop with popping candy


Then we enjoyed the sandwiches, they consisted of chicken & almond, salmon, cucumber, ham & cheese, and egg in a lovely pesto bread.


Then we each had a fruit scone and a chocolate scone, which was interesting with cream and jam!!


Loving the look of that pesto bread...


Finally the cakes were all themed from the book, including: bubble gum éclair (which really did taste as it suggests), blueberry macaroon, fizzy lemon cake, orange oompa lumpa cupcake, golden egg, fruit tart and of course a Wonka Bar.



We enjoyed all this with a flavoured tea of our choice (I had rosebud tea), but some friends had chocolate tea which actually was quite pleasant. And a glass of bubbly!


We were offered free refills of all food, but it was more than enough.



At the end Willy Wonka (Irish?) presented us all with a Golden Ticket, which would be opened if we returned for another tea, and may contain a free night's stay or entry to the chocolate factory or something smaller.

It was a really fun day and I saw children enjoying the kid's tea too! "


Looks amazing Maggie!! Are you not tempted to open the golden envelope ???? Not sure I could resist! 

16 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic - I really like the themed idea of this cream tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the different themes-you are making me hungry. I wish that I could be there to have a piece. It looks really yummy I hope you enjoyed having it with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing I love the themes and when I look at it, it makes me hungry. The fizzy pop with popping candy drink looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cool I love it I love the idea the Wonka bar is sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of those cakes but I can't look for to long otherwise I will be super hungry! I wish I could be there to eat those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the theme of this cream tea it is making me hungry just looking at it! I wish I was there but unfortunately I wasn't. I just want to jump into the photo and join you on your little cream tea adventure

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the design and theme of the cream tea they are really artistic and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing, you must of felt like you were in the film. Have you been back and opened the golden letter! What was it...Would you recommend it for a day out. The food looks fun,cool and kiddy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really looks delicious and I really like it especially the chocolate factory smothies

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and I'm sure I'll find it hard to resist the chocolate as I have given it up for lent!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of the fizzy pop it looks great, I wish I was there and the popping candy sounds great all the sweats and chocolate from the factory. I would open the golden envelope straight when I got out. I would have loved all the stuff from the Charlie and the chocolate factory theme looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was looking through all of your posts and this one spotted my eye. I have watched all of the Willy Wonka films and I really would like try this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! That looks scrumptious even thinking about it make want to eat the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to go there

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks lovely you must have had a surprise when you got there. It must of been hard work for all of the people who made it all you are very lucky to have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the sound of the sandwiches that contains chicken salmon and cucumber I would like to try it. The cake with bubble gum looks amazing that would be scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete