Saturday 11 April 2015

Wedgewood Afternoon Tea at The Langham Hotel, Sydney, Australia



My Friends Are Posh Too- part 1

Guest blog entry from my friend Gail who had the delight of spending a month down under with her daughter and this was her Mother's day present. Looks like it was a real treat !
I've had tea in the Langham London a few years back but can't remember much as this was before I started studying teas in detail. I do remember the toilets were lovely and it was very hushed, and my vegetarian friends were well catered for.
So how do they compare down under?

Well, the website boasts of : this indulgent experience in Palm Court. Famed as the birthplace of the traditional Afternoon Tea, direct from our London flagship hotel, Palm Court is an elegant addition to The Langham, Sydney's grand Lobby level.
Palm Court offers guests an exclusive Afternoon Tea experience with our new global partner, for Afternoon Tea with Wedgwood.
This beautiful area features light drenched spaces, Western Harbour views, elegant service and seating for 70, in a truly opulent outlook.
Enhance your Afternoon Tea experience with The Langham, Sydney's champagne of choice, Laurent-Perrier. 


It also looks like good value for money (don't look Gail as it was your mother's day present) at $75AUD - about £40 as it included champagne. I can tell a lot from the pictures so here are my thoughts…


The menu and presentation looks very well thought out - gorgeous 3 tier stand, and I love the Wedgewood crockery and super shiny cutlery.



They also had a good choice of teas on the menu and used loose leaf tea, tea pots and strainers and it looks like generous amounts of jam and cream to put on those delicious looking scones

These were Gail's thoughts :
Sandwiches were okay plus they had a melted cheese and chicken roll which was different. There was also a pumpkin pastry tartlet.
Scones were delicious as were the cakes, especially the macaroons.
Tea was orange blossom which was lovely as was the champagne.


Gail March 2015 

That chocolate chip macaroon looks amazing !! Wish I could go but sadly will be a while before we get there... 

Post your comments girls - what do you think of the Gail's tea ? 

2 comments:

  1. I can't take my eyes off the deserts, I just wish I could go! Everything looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete